About Carson Energy
Carson Energy Group is a privately held family owned and operated company, incorporated in 1983. The corporate office is located at 5000 Plaza on the Lake, Suite 250, Austin, Texas 78746. Our specialty is participating in lower risk, tax favorable oil and natural gas field development and exploratory drilling programs. Carson Energy is typically able to participate alongside large public companies drilling in productive areas where additional reserves are likely to be discovered.
After 32 years in business, we have learned what works and what does not. Following this disciplined prescreening approach, which includes: utilization of 3D seismic technology, detailed field analysis, state record searches, working with the right oil well drilling companies, independent third party reviews and partnering with proven industry leaders, provides the highest odds for success.
Recently, the Better Business Bureau rated Carson Energy an A+ Accredited business for the 19th consecutive year. After investing in his first well in the late 1970’s, Carson Energy President & Founder, E. Carter Bills II, went on to develop contacts and partners that helped incorporate Carson Energy in 1983. As Mr. Bills states in a recent interview, “We’ve had the same accountant and insurance company for over 30 years,” alluding to the consistency of Carson Energy’s business model. Carson Energy believes that by setting higher standards for ourselves, than our clients and industry partners could possibly expect from us, we have created an unparalleled culture of trust and respect throughout the oil and gas community.
In addition to our business efforts we use our solid reputation and financial strength to support good causes, both locally and nationally. Our favorite charities include: The American Cancer Society, The Junior League of Austin, Relay for Life, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Special Olympics, Capital Area Food Bank, Flat water Foundation and The Wounded Warrior Project.
What separates us from the competition:
- Do they have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau? Carson does.
- How many decades has the company been in business for? Carson has been in business for 32 years.
- Is it a turnkey drilling operation, where excessive drilling cost overruns won’t cost you extra? Carson delivers this.
- Does the company have their own money in the project? Carson does.
- Does the company utilize the most cutting edge science to continue development of massively productive oil and gas fields? Carson does. We deploy 3D seismic imaging, Amplitude Variation with Offset (AVO), Time Migration and more.
Here at Carson Energy, we’re highly attuned to the coming trends and strategies of the oil regions in which we participate: Texas, Louisiana, Colorado, and now internationally in the emerging oil market of Australia.
Carson Energy Group was founded in 1983 on the fundamental principles of applying state-of-the art exploration and production technology to develop high quality oil and gas prospects with individual and institutional investors.
E. Carter Bills II
President and Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Bills has been involved in the Oil & Gas Industry since 1974, and founded Carson Energy in 1983 to focus on the upstream development of quality oil and gas projects in and around the Texas and Louisiana Gulf Coast. He has more than 40 years of leadership experience in the domestic oil and gas industry and is responsible for expanding the company to the international market, driving the company’s growth abroad. Mr. Bills attended North Texas State University and is married to Becky Bills, the company Treasurer and Secretary. They have three daughters.
Rebecca A. Bills
Mrs. Bills started with Carson Energy in 1983 after spending a brief period of time in the hospitality industry. She progressed from positions as Office Manager and Head of Accounting before finally being appointed to the role of Secretary / Treasurer. She is the wife of Carson Energy President, E. Carter Bills, II and together they have three daughters. She takes part in fundraising for St. Gabriel’s & St. Andrews, volunteers at The Soup Kitchen, and regularly contributes to the following charities: Helping Hands, Brown Santa, Child Protective Services, Women’s Symphony League, & Safe House of Austin.
Senior Executive Officer
Mr. Owen has been with Carson Energy for 17 yrs. His main role is to evaluate all prospective acquisitions on the basis of their oil and natural gas production potential, the foreseen expected cost of drilling and completion, and their access to untapped oil and gas deposits. His experience has led to great success on large scale projects- on budget, on time, and with measurable positive benefits for the company, the investors, and continual repeat business. He has strong visionary skills and a proven history of transforming concepts into reality through progressive management techniques.
Chief Operating Officer
Ms. Locke started her career at Carson Energy, Inc. in the Client Services division in 1997 immediately after attending Texas State University. After two years in client services, she moved to the Operations division of the company and began managing current and completed drilling projects. In June of 2013 Ms. Locke was elevated to the position of Chief Operating Officer. She currently oversees all of Carson Energy’s upstream exploration activities including operations abroad. She is married with a daughter and a son.
Chief Financial Officer
Ms. Lloyd joined Carson Energy in 1997 bringing with her over 20 years of accounting experience. After attending Amarillo College, she worked as a public accountant for Sterquell and Company before gaining oil and gas accounting experience with both Wagner Brothers of Amarillo and Jeff Davis Sandefer. Ms. Lloyd is responsible for all of the day to day accounting functions involved with Carson Energy, including those related to international and domestic business units and joint ventures. Paula regularly contributes to the charity Cleaning for a Reason. She is married, has two sons, one daughter, and six grandchildren.
Vice President of Information Technology and Administration
Mr. Andel started his career as a Certified Public Accountant and Certified Financial Planner. After receiving his degree in Accounting from Texas A&M University, he worked as a Controller and Software Developer for Austin Data Systems and founded his own company, Andel Financial Planning. Mr. Andel started with Carson Energy, Inc. in 1999 on a consultant basis and in 2008 was hired as the Vice President of Business Administration and Information Technology. He is responsible for the Client Services division of the company as well as Carson’s growing IT needs. He has three children (a boy and two girls).
CBN Operating Corp – TRRC Operator # 140558 is a subsidiary of Carson Energy Group. CBN Operating Corp was established in 1985 to provide oil and gas field support servicing in all areas of field operations, from leasing to production. At CBN we treat your land as if it were our own. CBN appreciates and understands we are guests in the communities in which we operate. Our first priority is the safety and wellbeing of each community, employee and contractor we do business with. The way we see it is, you can’t work in a community without being a part of it as well. If you have a question or would like additional information about CBN Operating Corp and our services, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Partners & Service Providers…
Primary Benefits Of Participating With Carson Energy, Inc.
- Access to Industry level programs not generally accessible to the public.
- The opportunity to participate in exploratory and development programs generated through the use of the most up-to-date technology available in the oil and gas industry.
- Up to 75% is actively tax deductible in the first year with 100% ultimately being tax deductible.
- Upon commencement of production, revenue is distributed on a monthly basis ofwhich 15% is tax-free.
- IRA’s, Pensions, etc. have the option to participate without jeopardizing their qualified status.
- Carson Energy, Inc. delays participation in revenue in Group Ventures until such time as the well has produced sufficient income to allow Group participants to completely recover their investment in each individual well. The industry term for this is a “Back In After Payout” (BIAP).
- The Carson Energy Group funds only a portion of the overall program; therefore we are obligated to run within the timetable set by the other Industry Partners.
- The Carson Energy Group funds only a portion of the overall program, therefore we are obligated to run within the timetable set by the other Industry Partners. It is usual for us to have a 30 to 40 day window in which to participate.
- A Vice President of Carson Energy, Inc. will personally monitor each Group participant’s account.
- Each Group participant has access to daily drilling, production and other field reports via a secure Internet site at carsonenergy.com.
- BBB Accredited Business with an A+ Rating.
The ability to increase the number of wells our group participates on each year is heavily referral dependent. The opportunity to introduce ourselves and our programs to you is appreciated. All current referral partners started out with someone just like you looking into the Carson Energy Group, participating and enjoying the experience to introduce us to his peers. We hope to earn your business and introductions for a job well done.